Friday, June 27, 2008

A little good news, a little bad news.....

Which would you like first?

The good news is, I've got another job offer. Yes, it's at another daycare, but they are willing to start me at a little higher pay (not a whole lot!) and the ability to move on up. I'm gonna miss my babies, though! I *think* MissP is gonna follow me, if possible. She's the one I will miss the mostest.

The bad news.... ugg. Jody's boss let him go today. He's been acting "weird" for about a month now, and in the past week it's been even worse. We were feeling like he wanted Jody to quit, but he wasn't gonna.... SO, today, he was let go. The scary part is that we are renting our duplex from his former boss... but I guess he's being a decent guy, gonna carry his health insurance until Oct. and rent's not gonna change, and he'll call him when he needs help with a camera install.... So, again, money is gonna be tight, but we will survive!

Well, it's late, nearly 9pm, and we haven't eaten yet.. SO, I better go drag something out.... I'm starving!!

3 comments:

Pam Emerson said...

Ah, Marie. I'm happy for you that you got a job offer. Is it any closer to where you live? Sorry about Jody. That's too bad. Does he have any prospects? Good luck with everything, if you need any help, let me know.

It's my life.... said...

Actually, my new job is just down the road from my old job. *sob* But we want to move down that-a way to be closer to Jody's friends, and hopefully get a smaller place too. We'll see...
No "real" prospects, but like his buddy told him, "don't worry, you'll have a job by Monday". He looks so much more relaxed though, not having to worry about the boss he had... He was getting very stressed.

Beth said...

That is great news about your job, and like you said, with the good comes the bad. Opposition in all things, right!!! Good luck to Jody in finding something new. And good luck to you with the new babies.