Sunday, July 19, 2009

Myrtle Beach

So, we got a phone call a few weeks ago asking us if we wanted to go to the beach with Danielle and Jeremy. How could we turn that down?

We headed out Friday night, and met them at the hotel. We stayed about a block off the beach, pretty much right at the main strand.

Jody had to go work on Saturday, a client was having issues with their cameras. So, Danielle, Jeremy and I headed down to the beach to catch a few waves and some rays.


The weather was beautiful! It really wasn't too hot, the sun was shining, there was a slight breeze. YAY! Nice! Danielle and Jeremy spent a good deal of time in the water before Jody met us at the beach. His client never showed. *sigh* The three of them seemed to have a great time out in the water. I wish I could get over my fear of my face getting in the water and really enjoy myself. I did have a good time reading my book and people watching.

We went and grabbed lunch at Peaches Corner. Jody and I grabbed their famous footlong dogs. YUMMM. Was very good!

After lunch we went to wander around Broadway at the Beach. We usually walk around there when we come down. Lots of shopping, there's some really cool retro shops, and lots of restaurants. We wandered around for a bit, then Jody and I slipped on over to Fat Tuesday for a couple of frozen adult drinks. YUMM.



Jeremy and Danielle got a little bit too much sun and weren't feeling too good, so we headed back to the hotel to clean up and get ready for dinner. Jody and I went to the first restaurant we ever ate at in MB for our dinner that night, Danielle and Jeremy decided to stay in.

The weekend seemed to end WAY too soon. I hated to see Danielle load up in the car and leave. *sigh*

Not much else is going on... ;)
By the way.. Jody IS that tall! ;)

No comments: