Hot Fudge Pudding CakeIngredients:
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- Whipped topping
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
2. Pour batter into ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Pour hot water over top; do not stir.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes. Serve in dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top. Garnish with whipped topping. About 8 servings.
So I made this a few weeks ago for Jody (been making it for the kids for a few years now...) and I knew he liked it, but didn't know how much..... Yesterday he practically begged for it... so I'm making it now.... It's almost been in the oven long enough for the yummy chocolate smell to ooze throughout our house. It works well if you double the recipe also...
It says to serve with whipped topping... vanilla ice cream is a MUCH better choice. Also, I wasn't paying attention to the recipe this time, and ummm, mixed the ingredients in the last step... I'll let y'all know how that works out. Oh yeah, I also added a smidge of vanilla to the hot water.
Ok, we can now run the dryer... but only if the washing machine isn't plugged in. For some reason, the dryer plug is grounded at the washing machine... or soemthing wierd like that.So, we can only do one load at a time. But at least it's possible to wash clothes. =)