Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Call me..... CRAZY!!!!

So... I've been at the new job for 3 days. I HATE IT! For now, I work in the baby room full time. The head teacher is on vacation, so I'm helping out. The old biddy that is in there is driving me crazy.

MissL is older (I'd day around 60ish...) (****Yes, Mom, I KNOW it's not really old!!!) but she comes in, changes diapers, fixes a few bottles, slams the babies into their cribs/swings/exersaucers and sits on her butt and then yells at the babies to shut up. The kicker... The director and the owner are well aware of what's going on, and they are just waiting for her to retire. I thought I could hold my tongue and just wait it out.....

Here's the kicker.. the only way to get MissL to do anything is to be rude/mean to her. To practically tell her to get off her butt and do something. Now, there are younger girls that work there, that will mouth off to her, tell her very rudely i might say, to get off her butt..... I'm sorry, my Momma raised me better!!!! I WILL NOT STOOP TO THEIR LEVEL!!! Apparently, since the director is aware, she's not willing to do anything to change the issue....

Let me give you an example of why I'm pulling my hair out....

There's TinyT who happens to be a 2 year old in the infant room. I'm not sure of all her medical issues, but I know she had a feeding tube for SEVERAL months, if not for the first year, of her life. She is just now learning to walk, and doing quite well at it, thankyouverymuch. She is TINY, just barely 15 pounds (yes, she is 2!!), and wont eat very well..... TinyT's mom drops her off right around 630 in the morning. We try to feed her "lunch" around 1045 or 1100. My first 2 days I made the mistake of trying to feed her, instead of letting her pick up her food for herself off of her try. So, today, I put her peas and peaches on her tray and let her have at it. MissL told me NOT to let her feed herself, cause she'd just make a mess... Well, no mess, one pea on the floor, and her hands needed washed... BUT she ATE her food!!... Now, I get her washed up and let her play. MissL decides that since she's been there since 630 in the morning, TinyT needs to take a nap. The thing is, TinyT isn't sleepy, yet... But MissL puts her in her crib anyway, and sets her chair next to the crib... SO, even though TinyT isn't crying in her crib, she has to hang out in there with no toys, and MissL telling her to go to sleep.... NOW. I couldn't pull her out of the crib without looking EXTREMELY disrespectful, because, like I said, she had parked her chair right there in front of the crib. So, TinyT was in her crib for nearly 2 hours before falling asleep. What was I supposed to do? GRRRRR.

I had to stop in to the old job site, and pick up my check. The bosslady asked me when I was coming back.I'm soooooooooo tempted. Supposedly,the b**** that works with the 2yr olds is going to get fired, and she was my main problem. I had big issues with the way she treated them... and I felt that nothing was getting done to get a handle on it..... Also, I got to go see "my babies" for a few moments. I hated leaving them. LittleR was sitting on the floor crying when I walked in, she saw me, still crying but smiled a little and reached her arms out to me..... LittleR NEVER reached out to me before.... She had just started reaching for mom and dad the week before I left....

So, I'm torn.. I torn as to what the right choice is. I think a few phone calls are in order. I'll be calling the bosslady and see just how badly she wants me back, if she's willing to put her money where her mouth is. =) NO, it's not ALL about the money, but if I'm driving over 70miles a day, well, money is VERY important.

Ok.. well, I'm going to bed.... thanks for listening!

1 comment:

Pam Emerson said...

You are CRAZY! :) You told me to call you that!