Friday, August 15, 2008

More complaining.... just call me eeyore!

Where to begin?
I took today off. I needed the break, to tell you the truth. Jody's daughter was supposed to come out to visit this weekend, but her plans got changed, and she ended up moving to her apartment today instead. Totally bummed, to tell you the truth. I should have gone in to work, but I really needed to get to the bank and close out Danielle's bank account. The nearest branch? Well, about 60 miles from my house. Hours Open? 9am to 530pm. What hours do I work? 9am to 6pm. Yeah, getting that little bit of work done wasn't gonna happen anytime soon! So, Jody and I decided that since I had already requested the day off, I'd stay "home".

Jody and I took the drive to Charleston today. It was cool. We were able to close out the account, and then we headed for the waterfront. Parked the car, walked a bit, went to Bubba Gumps for lunch (shrimp po'boy... YUMMMM) and then walked around the waterfront for a bit.... It started to rain, gently, and we kept on walking. It was pretty darn cool. He showed me where the Lt. Gov. of SC lives when he's in Charleston. Jody has worked on his alarm and camera systems and stuff. He says he's pretty cool.... (yeah, that was some MAJOR name dropping. *wink*)

We were driving home when I got a text from my friend at work. *sigh* One of the momma's called to complain. We have a new baby lil'RS, he's only 2 months old, and started with us on Tuesday. Lil'RS's momma came to pick him up, only to find his on the floor SCREAMING, bottle by his side. M was at the half door looking into the other room when Mom walked in. M told mom that Lil'RS REFUSED his bottle... then went back to ignoring mom!!!! OMG!!!!! So, needless to say that was some drama. grr.. you don't treat my babies that way!

Ok.. so, not too much complaining, I hope. Be prepared for Sunday, you may get an earful!

1 comment:

Pam Emerson said...

Marie, you're not Eeyore. It's hard to form a bond with these kids and then have others not feel the same way. It is normal, I promise. I hope you had a good weekend. My knee hurts pretty bad, but I'm trying not to let it slow me down :)

Pam