Thursday, February 5, 2009

Good Friends...

So, Jody is in Savannah, Ga right now. He drove the van down, and I get to drive his Del Sol. It's been fun.. However, it's been pretty darn cold here, and since I haven't been able to "warm up" the car for long enough, I've been driving to work cold.. ugg!

So, I stop and get gas after work, and I notice the thermostat is on HIGH. NOT good. I call Jody and ask him if that is normal (yes, I know it's not, but since he's pretty much built this car, I needed to make sure). So, he tells me to wait for the motor to cool (how long does that take?) and then pop the cap off the radiator ( I THINK I know what that is...) and check the level of antifreeze... Sure... right.

I then get a phone call from Jody saying his friend Brian would come by and check out the car for me. (have I mentioned that it's FREEZING, it's dark, and I don't get home until after 6pm?) Oh yeah, and Brian has a wife and two young kids at home, and I think he's been at work all day... Anyway, Brian shows up, starts the car, sees the antifreeze that's leaked in several locations... and realizes that he came over ill equipped to deal with this.. he thought he'd only have to pour antifreeze in to the radiator and all would be good.... NOPE!

Brian had to drive BACK home to get tools. So, he gets back, works on the car, in the cold, and gets it running so that I can drive to work and back tomorrow. We think the water pump may be bad... OR maybe there was a bubble in the antifreeze.. he got it fixed enough for me to get to work, and Jody will be back tomorrow sometime, so it's all good. Oh yeah.. and the heater works now!! whoot!! :)

It's so nice to know that there are people around to help if needed. That was one of my fears in moving down here, missing my friends. But now.. well, I'm not so worried.

No comments: