Monday, February 2, 2009

Well, darn!

I started this post this morning, thought I'd saved it, went to finish it, and it's GONE!!! Oh DREAD, I have to rewrite the whole thing... bear with me. =)

There are many changes going on around here. Danielle is coming back home. I am so happy! It was a hard decision to allow her to go in the first place, but once I found out everything that is going on up there.

I always figured that George was the sensible one, the one that "leaned" on the kids more than me. That's why I wasn't afraid to let the kids live with him. I found out that he would 1) allow D to drive the car without a licensed driver with her. She DOESN'T have her license, just a permit. 2)He bought D a moped and allowed her to ride it before she turned 16. According to NC law, you have to be 16 before you can ride a moped. And since the motor on it is so small, she didn't need a drivers license for it. Oh yeah... He told her to NOT TELL ME that she was riding it. So in other words, he was encouraging her to break the law and lie to me about it.

The straw that broke the camels back? When she was riding to work on her moped on Saturday, a lady driving a Ford Explorer decided she needed to turn RIGHT from the LEFT hand lane. Unfortunantly, she didn't see my sweet girl and hit her. All things considered, she's ok. She ended up with a few bruises and some ruined shoes, but she's all in all, we had a good outcome. I am a little irate that the police officer on the scene decided to LEAVE before an adult showed up to take care of her. grrr... AND he didn't file an accident report because he decided that there wasn't more than $1000 damage. *sigh* We are trying to get things settled and taken care of. Oh and did I mention that George didn't take her to the ER after this happened? I had to call him and insist that he do that. I don't think that I was overreacting..

So, Danielle moves in March 7th. I cannot tell you how happy I am about this. I need my kids home with me, and really, they need their mamma.

Not much else going on here.

Still working, but thinking about going to school in the fall. If I can just see about getting some time off or going on my lunch and talking with a counselor at the local collage. I'm really really REALLY dreaming about doing the nursing and becoming a certified nurse midwife. Jody and I just need to figure out how to make it happen. Once the jobs come in steady, we'll know what we will be able to do. I'm just really frustrated at work. It may get better next week.. one of the babies are leaving. (gee, is or are???) This sounds horrible, but I have two very very VERY whiney babies. One of them is leaving next week. I thought he was hard to deal with, cause even when he was just "talking" he sounded like he was crying... very frustrating. ANYWAY... there is a newer baby in the room, who if you aren't touching her at all time, SCREAMS! SCREAMS!!!! and it hurts the ears so bad. I dread going into work because of her. I hope things change once she gets used to us... *sigh*

Oh yeah!!! How could I forget? I got to talk to my mom on Sunday! I am so excited! We talked about the kids, and then things going on on her mission. Cool, huh? Unfortunatly, she called while Jody and I were driving down the road trying to get from Charlotte to Columbia for a Super Bowl/Double Birthday party. Have I mentioned that the Del Sol is kinda loud? But it was wonderful to be able to talk to her again. I can't wait until she is state side. YEAH!!!

No comments: