Monday, October 27, 2008

Back to school?

So, I'm thinking about going back to school.... Probably doing the whole online course thing. Yeah, me and the internet, always a good combination!

So, besides Liberty University (where my boss is taking classes) anyone else have any suggestions for schools? It was just my luck that the ONE university I contacted just happened to be a non-denominational Christian university. Not that that's a bad thing..... but well, you know.

I'd LOVE to be able to follow through with the midwifery thing, but at this stage in my life, it looks like early childhood education/program administration is going to be my best bet. *sigh* and yet another dream goes down the toilet. But maybe, one day, I'll be able to get back on that horse. :)

Nothing else going on here.

2 comments:

Pam Emerson said...

Gwen,
How much can you afford in tuition? Do all of your classes have to be online? What kind of degree are you looking at/ what is your final goal? Licensure? Paraprofessional? Administrator? Work in a day care or school? Head start program? I need some more info to be able to help you :)

Pam

It's my life.... said...

ahhh, geez! Let's see, tuition, gonna have to go the grants/loans route. YUCK! But, it is what it is, and I gotta do *something*
I'm not sure I could handle being a full blown teacher, I'm worried the kids that can actually talk back will drive me crazy full time. I'm thinking administration/daycare/preschool teacher... Maybe someday open my own daycare.
Since I'm working full time, I do need to go the online route, that gives me the flexibility I need to attend classes when I'm awake and able to function (weekends and after work. :) )
Hey Pam, I love you!